Taxes and the Gig Economy

AARP BULLETIN | on Fri, Mar 17, 6:00 AM

Home Rentals It doesn't take much for the IRS to consider you a landlord. Rent out your residence — or even just a room in it — for more than 14 days during the year, and it's considered a rental property. You'll pay regular income taxes on this rental income. As a landlord, you likely won't be subject to self-employment tax, Slack says. However, provide "significant services" such as transportation, meals or other concierge-type services and you can trigger self-employment taxes, too, he say...

Read the full article

Semantic processing powered by OpenCalais

Use of the DailyMe service and DailyMe web site constitutes acceptance of the Company's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

© 2017 DailyMe, Inc. All rights reserved.