Backpackers in Perth overdosed on travel sickness drug they thought was cocaine | Australia news

THE GUARDIAN | on Wed, Jan 3, 11:50 PM

The drug that caused a mass overdose among nine backpackers who were taken to hospital in Perth[1] has been identified as a common prescription drug called hyoscine, which is used to treat travel sickness. The group of backpackers, aged 21 to 25, thought they were snorting cocaine on Tuesday night but suffered violent reactions, with three put in intensive care in induced comas. The group reportedly included young people from France, Germany, Italy and Morocco. Two people, both French, remain...

Read the full article

Semantic processing powered by OpenCalais

Use of the DailyMe service and DailyMe web site constitutes acceptance of the Company's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

© 2018 DailyMe, Inc. All rights reserved.